The short answer is YES! You should be very concerned about carbon monoxide in your home. If there are high levels of carbon monoxide in your home, it will make you sick at best, and kill you at worst. Between twenty and thirty thousand people become ill from carbon monoxide poisoning each year in the US alone. Around five hundred people a year die of carbon monoxide poisoning in the United States.

Carbon monoxide gas is produced when carbon is burned without sufficient oxygen in the air. Thus if you burn anything made of carbon within an enclosed space rather than outdoors, then you will be at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The trouble with carbon monoxide is that it doesn’t have a color. Nor does it have a discernible taste or smell. So you could be breathing in carbon monoxide at dangerous levels at this very moment without any knowledge of it occurring.

Buy A Carbon Monoxide Detector For Your Home

At present, having a carbon monoxide detector is mandated by law in twenty five states in the US. However, some states in the US relaxed the rules in 2012. That means people living in those states that have an electric oven and no garage affixed to their home are exempt from the law. This has been the cause of much concern by many officials, and with good reason. If someone in the apartment building next to yours burns carbon indoors, you and your family can suffer carbon monoxide poisoning. You see, the gas can pass through dry wall and other porous materials very easily.

The good news is that there are simple measures that you can take today to protect everyone living in your home from carbon monoxide dangers. Carbon monoxide detectors are not expensive, and they save lives. If you do not have a carbon monoxide detector fitted already, be sure that you buy one at the nearest opportunity. Bear in mind that we can also help you if you need a carbon monoxide detector.

Now that we’ve reminded you of carbon monoxide dangers, which are very real, our hope is that you will purchase a detector for your home if you do not already have one installed. Life, though hard at times, is full of beautiful moments. Don’t risk cutting yours short by ignoring carbon monoxide dangers.

Get in touch with us at Canoga Park Heating and Air Conditioning for CO testing in your home.